PennDOT adjusts skills tests to lessen coronavirus exposure; appointments can be made online
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation skills tests have been modified to lessen potential exposure of staff and customers to the coronavirus “while maintaining the integrity of the testing process,” according to PennDOT.
Any customer in need of an appointment for a skills test, including motorcycle skills tests, may schedule online at www.dmv.pa.gov or by contacting the PennDOT Driver and Vehicle Services Call Center at 717-412-5300.
The following safety measures for non-commercial skills tests are in place:
• PennDOT staff will remain outside the vehicle during the entire skills test. The test taker and accompanying driver will remain in the vehicle.
• In yellow phase counties, the examiner will conduct basic health pre-screening of applicant. If the applicant is displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, the test will not be administered. There will be no prescreening for customers in green counties.
• All customers and accompanying drivers must wear appropriate face masks during testing.
• Examiners will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves, and eye protection during the exam.
• Examiners will use iPads during the administration of testing, which will be routinely disinfected using wipes or spray sanitizer.
PennDOT-Authorized Third Party Testers are also available for non-commercial testing. For a list of PennDOT Authorized Third Party Vendors, visit this website.
Customers may continue to complete various transactions and access multiple resources online at www.dmv.pa.gov. Driver and vehicle online services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and include driver's license, photo ID and vehicle registration renewals; driver-history services; changes of address; driver license and vehicle registration restoration letters; ability to pay driver license or vehicle insurance restoration fee; and driver license and photo ID duplicates. There are no additional fees for using online services.