Number of coronavirus cases in Middletown area increases again; surrounding region steady
There are now 23 cases of the coronavirus in the 17057 ZIP code, which encompasses the Middletown area, the state Department of Health said Friday, 2 more than the day before.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health released ZIP code-specific numbers of coronavirus cases across the state for the first time Monday.
For the 17057 ZIP code, there have been 157 negative tests, 3 more than Thursday.
Positive cases includes all people who have been confirmed to have a positive nucleic acid test for the virus that causes COVID-19. This number does not include people who are considered probable cases on the basis of symptoms, exposure or other factors only.
• For the 17033 ZIP code, the Hershey area, there are 34 positive tests, the same as Thursday, and 164 negative, 11 more than Thursday.
• For the 17036 ZIP code, the Hummelstown area, there are 29 positive tests, 1 more than Thursday, and 258 negative, 12 more than Thursday.
• For the 17022 ZIP code, the Elizabethtown area, there are 27 positive tests, the same as Thursday, and 301 negative, 11 more than Thursday.
• For the 17034 ZIP code, the Highspire area, there are 1 to 4 cases (the state does not specify the exact number when less than 4 for patient privacy) and 12 negative tests, the same as Thursday.
• For the 17502 ZIP code, the Bainbridge area just across the Lancaster County line, there are 1 to 4 cases (the state does not specify the exact number when less than 4 for patient privacy) and 19 negative tests, one more than Thursday.
Dauphin County has 468 cases overall and 19 deaths. Lancaster County has 1,451 overall cases and 74 deaths.