Another coronavirus cases reported in Middletown area; where are totals in other ZIP codes in region?
The Middletown area has an increase of 1 coronavirus case Saturday, for a total of 31 in the 17057 ZIP code.
The total increased by 2 to 30 on Friday after three straight days of 28 reported cases.
The total is 14 more than the 17 announced April 20, the first day the Department of Health released ZIP code-specific numbers of coronavirus cases across the state.
There were 17 total cases in the 17057 ZIP code on April 20; 18 on April 21; 19 on April 22; 21 on April 23; 23 on April 24; 26 on April 25; 27 total on Sunday and Monday; 28 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; and 30 on Friday.
For the 17057 ZIP code, there have been 204 negative tests, 6 more than the previous day.
Positive cases includes all people who have been confirmed to have a positive nucleic acid test for the virus that causes COVID-19. This number does not include people who are considered probable cases on the basis of symptoms, exposure or other factors only.
The 17057 ZIP code includes Middletown and Royalton and almost all of Lower Swatara and Londonderry townships. It has a total population of about 23,000 people.
• For the 17033 ZIP code, the Hershey area, there are 41 positive tests, 1 more than the previous day, and 211 negative, 6 more than the previous day.
• For the 17036 ZIP code, the Hummelstown area, there are 35 positive tests, the same as the previous day, and 310 negative, 9 more than the previous day.
• For the 17022 ZIP code, the Elizabethtown area, there are 35 positive tests, the same as the previous day, and 372 negative, 15 more than the previous day.
• For the 17034 ZIP code, the Highspire area, there are 1 to 4 cases (the state does not specify the exact number when less than 4 for patient privacy) and 22 negative tests.
• For the 17502 ZIP code, the Bainbridge area just across the Lancaster County line, there are 1 to 4 cases (the state does not specify the exact number when less than 4 for patient privacy) and 25 negative tests, the same as the previous day.
Dauphin County has 617 cases and 25 deaths. Lancaster County has 1,904 cases and 112 deaths.