TOWNSHIP OF LOWER SWATARA
NOTICE OF INTRODUCTION OF PROPOSED CODE ADOPTION ORDINANCE
Please take notice that a proposed Code Adoption Ordinance was introduced by the Board of Commissioners of the Township of Lower Swatara, at a regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners held on the 19th day of February, 2020. A copy of the proposed Code Adoption Ordinance and the Code may be examined in the office of the Township Secretary, at 1499 Spring Garden Drive, Middletown, PA 17057, a summary of the proposed Code Adoption Ordinance and a listing of the Table of Contents of the proposed codification are as follows:
ORDINANCE NO. ______
AN ORDINANCE TO APPROVE, ADOPT AND ENACT AN ORDINANCE CODIFICATION FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF LOWER SWATARA, COUNTY OF DAUPHIN, COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA; PROVIDING FOR THE CONTINUATION OF PREVIOUS PROVISIONS; REPEALING AND SAVING FROM REPEAL CERTAIN ORDINANCES NOT INCLUDED THEREIN; ADOPTING CERTAIN CHANGES MADE TO PREVIOUSLY ADOPTED ORDINANCES; AND PROVIDING FOR THE PROPER MAINTENANCE OF THE CODE; AND TO PROVIDE PENALTIES FOR THE VIOLATION OF THE CODE OR CHAPTERS THEREOF.
This proposed ordinance provides:
(1) For the approval, adoption and enactment of the codification of a complete body of legislation for the Township of Lower Swatara, as revised, codified and consolidated into titles, chapters and sections, such codification being designated as the “Code of the Township of Lower Swatara.”
(2) That the provisions of the Code are intended as the continuation of legislation in effect immediately prior to the adoption of this ordinance.
(3) For the repeal of inconsistent ordinances or parts of ordinances or parts of ordinances of a general and permanent nature which are not included in the Code, except as specifically saved from repeal.
(4) That certain ordinances, rights and obligations be expressly saved from repeal.
(5) That ordinances of a general and permanent nature adopted subsequent to preparation of the Code but prior to its adoption are deemed part of the Code.
(6) For the adoption and ratification of changes and revisions made during preparation of the Code to the previously adopted legislation included therein and for the inclusion of certain new legislation. Such changes, revisions and new legislation include:
(a) Nonsubstantive grammatical and style changes.
(b) Nomenclature changes.
(c) General revision of penalty provisions.
(d) Removal of specific permit and license fee amounts and authority for such fees to be set by resolution of the Board of Commissioners.
(e) Adoption and ratification of other substantive changes and revisions made so as to bring provisions included in the Code into conformity with the policies and intent of the Board of Commissioners. Such changes and revisions are specifically enumerated and described in the ordinance.
(7) For the interpretation of provisions.
(8) That titles, headings and editor’s notes are inserted for the convenience of persons using the Code and are not part of the legislation.
(9) For the filing of at least one copy of the Code in the office of the Township Secretary where it shall remain for use and examination by the public.
(10) For the incorporation of future additions, deletions, amendments or supplements into the Code.
(11) That Code books be kept up-to-date under the supervision of the Township Secretary.
(12) That notice of introduction of the ordinance and Code be published according copies of the Code and publication of such notice, will be deemed due and legal publication of all provisions of the Code.
(13) For penalties for anyone convicted of altering or tampering with the Code.
(14) That provisions of the Code and of the ordinance are severable.
(15) That the effective date of the Code and of the ordinance be April 1, 2020.
The chapters included in the codification are as follows (all chapter numbers not
listed are reserved for future use).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1 Administration and Government
Chapter 2 Animals
Chapter 5 Code Enforcement
Chapter 6 Conduct
Chapter 7 Fire Prevention and Fire Protection
Chapter 8 Floodplains
Chapter 10 Health and Safety
Chapter 13 Licenses, Permits and General Business Regulations
Chapter 14 Manufactured Homes and Manufactured Home Parks
Chapter 15 Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 16 Parks and Recreation
Chapter 17 Planned Residential Development
Chapter 18 Sewers and Sewage Disposal
Chapter 19 Signs and Billboards
Chapter 20 Solid Waste
Chapter 21 Streets and Sidewalks
Chapter 22 Subdivision and Land Development
Chapter 24 Taxation, Special
Chapter 26 Water
Chapter 27 Zoning
Please take further notice that the Board of Commissioners intends to adopt the proposed Code Adoption Ordinance on April 1, 2020. A copy of the Code Adoption Ordinance proposed for adoption is on file in the office of the Township Secretary of the Township of Lower Swatara, 1499 Spring Garden Drive, Middletown, PA 17057, where it is available for inspection during regular office hours.
Elizabeth McBride, Township Manager, Lower Swatara Township
Peter R. Henninger, Jr., Esquire, Jones & Henninger, P.C., Solicitor for Lower Swatara Township