PENNSYLVANIA'S #1 WEEKLY NEWSPAPER • locally owned since 1854

Christmas Eve blackout strikes Middletown

Posted 12/31/12

Four police officers were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide from a faulty generator used during the power outage.

 

By Noelle Barrett and Daniel Walmer
Press And Journal Staff

 

Four Middletown police officers …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Christmas Eve blackout strikes Middletown

Posted

Four police officers were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide from a faulty generator used during the power outage.

By Noelle Barrett and Daniel Walmer

Press And Journal Staff

Four Middletown police officers were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide in the police department from a generator used to provide electricity during a power outage that knocked the lights out in the borough for four hours on Christmas Eve, authorities said.


Firefighters from the Middletown Volunteer Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide alarm that went off in the basement of Borough Hall on Monday, Dec. 24 and found the officers complaining of eye irritation, a dry cough and headaches, said Ken Whitebread, fire chief.

 

For the full story, click here to subscribe to the Press And Journal.