Written by Joe Sukle
Due to severity of the winter storm impacting the region, PennDOT has temporarily reduced the speed limit on several major roadways in South Central PA.
PennDOT is urging motorists to avoid unnecessary travel but those who must head out will see speeds reduced to 45 mph on the following highways:
- I-81 in Franklin, Cumberland, Dauphin and Lebanon counties,
- I-78 in Lebanon County,
- I-83 in York, Cumberland and Dauphin counties,
- I-283 in Dauphin County,
- Route 283 in Dauphin and Lancaster counties,
- U.S. 22/322 in Dauphin and Perry counties,
- Route 581 in Cumberland County,
- U.S. 11 in Franklin and Cumberland counties,
- Route 15 in Adams, York and Cumberland counties,
- U.S. 11/15 in Cumberland and Perry County counties,
- U.S. 222 in Lancaster County between U.S. 30 and the Berks County line.