Seven companies have partnered with Penn State Harrisburg to establish endowments in the university’s School of Science, Engineering and Technology.
“These endowments have a positive impact on our ability to recruit and retain excellent students, and maintain a high quality education,” said Dr. Rafic Bachnak, director of the School of Science, Engineering and Technology. “These gifts also allow students to focus on their education, research and project-based learning and provide hands-on experiences that prepare them to enter the workforce.”
Those providing support include:
• Dawood Engineering, which created the M.S. Dawood Capital College Academic Scholarship, which benefits outstanding undergraduate students majoring in civil engineering.
• Gannett Fleming, which named the Gannett Fleming Concrete Curing Lab and PPL Electric Utilities, which named the PPL Utilities Research Lab. Both gifts support the Excellence in STEM Education Fund, which enhances educational programming, recognizes excellence in academic pursuits and fosters diversity in science, technology, engineering and math disciplines.
• H.B. Alexander Foundation, which created the Penn State Harrisburg Construction Engineering Scholarship to support outstanding engineering undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds.
• Reynolds Construction, which created the Reynolds Construction Award, which recognizes junior undergraduate students majoring in structural design and construction engineering technology.
• UGI Utilities, which created the UGI Utilities Engineering Scholarship that supports exceptional undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds in the engineering program.
• The Wohlsen Construction Co., which created the Wohlsen Construction Company Foundation Trustee Scholarship to support undergraduate students.