If you vote on Election Day, you'll be asked by poll workers to produce an ID. However, an ID will NOT be required for you to cast your ballot.
Your ID must:
• contain an expiration date that is current, unless noted otherwise
• contain your name, though it does not have to exactly match your name on Dauphin County's voter registration records. However, the names must "substantially conform.''
Acceptable IDs include:
• your Pennsylvania driver's license or non-driver's photo ID
• your U.S. passport
• your U.S. military ID
• an employee photo ID issued by federal, state, county or municipal government
• a college or university ID from an accredited Pennsylvania school
• a photo ID from a nursing home, personal care home or assisted living residence
For more information on Pennsylvania's Voter ID Law, readers may call the Pennsylvania Department of State at 1-877-868-3772 or visit www.VotesPA.com.